|Source||CM on Cooks.Com Recipe Search|
2 hours, 30 minutes
2 hours, 35 minutes
How to prepare a traditional bone-in ham with mustard.
16 ouncespineapple (ring, sliced)
1 cupmaraschino cherries (halved)
1 cupbrown sugar
1 pinchgarlic powder
1 pinchonion powder
1 pinchblack pepper
- Place ham in roaster
- Add water and cover roaster
- Bake in 325˚F (162˚C) oven for about 21 minutes per pound for a large ham or 25 minutes per pound for a small ham. If the ham has an exposed bone, cover it with foil. Keep an eye on the ham as it cooks and baste occasionally with Drew's Honey Dijon dressing and marinade.
- Continue cooking (don't add the marinade now) until a thermometer inserted in centre reads 160˚F (71˚C). Make sure the thermometer is not touching a bone!
- Remove from oven
- Score fat surface crosswise (into intersecting squares) and dot with cloves at each intersection
- Prepare ham coating by combining brown sugar and flour
- Rub ham coating over scored ham. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper
- Place a pineapple slice on the ham so that one of the cloves will be in the centre of the ring
- Cover the clove with a cherry
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 until ham is covered decoratively with pineapple slices and cherries
- Brown ham for 20 - 25 minutes in a 400˚F (204˚C) oven (uncovered), or until ham looks glazed