How to cook a whole haggis.
1 hour, 5 minutes
3 pounds haggis
- Keep Haggis refrigerated until ready to begin heating
- Put enough water in a pot to cover the Haggis by approximately 4 inches (about 9 cm)
- Bring water to boil
- Place the Haggis in the water
- Reduce heat to less than a simmer. Do not let the water boil again!
- Allow the Haggis to cook for approximately 1 hour; it should float to the surface of the water when it is nearly ready (use a probe thermometer to ensure that it reaches an internal temperature of 74˚C (165˚F))
- Keep the Haggis piping hot until you are ready to serve — leaving it in the water with the stove turned off should be fine