2 hours, 5 minutes
2 hours, 45 minutes
4 hours, 50 minutes
A sweet way to prepare leg-of-lamb.
2 tablespoonsmint (dried, crushed)
1 tablespoonblack pepper (coarsely ground)
- Trim excess fat from meat
- Cut 1/2-inch wide slits into lamb leg and insert each half-clove deep in each slit
- Combine dried mint, pepper, and salt; rub over entire surface of lamb leg
- Drizzle honey over lamb leg and rub to coat
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover lamb loosely with plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours
- Remove plastic wrap
- Roast, uncovered, in a 325˚F (162˚C) oven for 2—2.5 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers 140˚F (60˚C) for medium-rare or 155˚F (68˚C) for medium; remove from oven when done
- Cover meat loosely with foil and let stand for 15 min
- Garnish (mint sprigs recommended). Serve with Scott's mint jelly or Crosse and Blackwell's mint sauce.