2 hours, 55 minutes
A traditional way to prepare a beef rib roast.
4 poundsbeef rib roast
- Rub roast with soy sauce, garlic and pepper over all surfaces
- Put water in the bottom of the roast pan
- Place roast, standing on the ribs, into the pan. Cover pan.
- Roast at 275˚F (135˚C) for 1+1/2 hours.
- Remove meat and wrap in heavy foil. Set aside on counter.
- Chill the juices for au-jus gravy later (you will need to remove the solidified fat when it has cooled)
- About an hour before serving (for large roasts, 1+1/4 hours for medium-rare or 1+1/2 hours for medium), remove the foil and return the roast to the pan. Cook uncovered at 350˚F (about 176˚C).
- Add any new juices to the gravy, reheat, and serve un-thickened